Thank you for visiting our Napoli’s West Plano Careers Page
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate the restaurant’s industrial dishwasher with care and caution.
- Wash glassware, dishes, pizza plates, cookware, utensils, and other kitchen or serving items as needed. Wash items by hand when necessary.
- Empty and clean all trash cans as needed.
- Keep a clean work area and ensure dish storage is properly organized.
- Follow state and company required safety and sanitation policies at all times.
- Provide assistance to prep cook and other kitchen staff as needed, especially during peak times.
- Perform opening, closing and side work as needed and directed.
- Report to the back of house Manager/Chef for your weekly schedule, training, assigned duties, and when making schedule requests.
- Clean up spills or broken glassware immediately and notify the manager on duty.
- Report any sanitation or safety concerns to management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prefer 1+ years of volume dishwashing experience in a busy restaurant, hotel, casino, or similar atmosphere.
- Prep cook experience a plus but not required. No experience is required to apply, we’re willing to train the right person.
- Excellent critical thinking and time management skills.
- Ability to operate industrial machinery and carry loads up to 20 lbs.
- Willingness to work in hot, humid environment and on your feet for 8-hour shift.
- Highly prefer the ability to work full time restaurant hours, including nights and weekends. However, if you’re only looking for part time work, please don’t let this keep you from applying!
Back of House
General Duties and Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preps assigned items to include but not limited to; washing raw food products, peeling, dicing, shredding, cutting, and slicing food products
- When prep is finished: properly label, date, rotate, and store all items properly
- Prepare food items for customers as requested, including special requests, in a timely and consistent manner
- Ensure ingredients and final products are fresh
- Follow recipes, including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
- Bake, grill, steam and boil meats, vegetables, fish, poultry and other foods
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Adheres to safety and sanitary procedures set forth by management and the health department
- Prior to service, ensures items needed for shift are stocked and located at designated station
- Responsible for all facets of assigned station, i.e. hot food, cold food items, dessert
- Performs additional daily cleaning assignments; including stoves, ovens, refrigerators, and storage areas
- Sorts and rinses dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils; then placing them in racks to send through dish machine
- Fills/empties soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions
- Removes trash and takes garbage to dumpster
- Sweeps/mops floors
- Cleans restaurant and restrooms as directed
- Wipes up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry and clean
Completes other tasks/assignments as assigned
- Minimum 1 year previous cooking experience
- Ability to speak and understand English helpful
Other Duties and Information:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Napoli’s Italian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2865 McDermott Rd #235, Plano, TX 75025